igli carbon insoles
The dynamic mechanism of action for versatile and effective therapy.
igli carbon insoles combine conservative and interactive mechanisms in a unique shoe insole system. Deformities of the foot can be corrected, stress on the locomotor system can be reduced and biomechanics can be optimized with igli carbon insoles.
- The carbon clip supports the arch of the foot. Special incisions in the carbon ensure that the natural movement of the foot is preserved.
- The postings are positioned individually. They support the arch of the foot, correct the foot position and activate the muscles.
- The comfort cushion absorbs shock and specifically distributes pressure over the entire sole of the foot.
The concept of igli carbon insoles can be applied individually in the course of therapy for many different indications. By applying specific postings, the various blanks can have a stronger cushioning, supporting or correcting effect, depending on the desired therapeutic outcome and requirements.
We wish you lots of success during therapy!
– Your medi footcare team
The blanks of igli carbon insoles can be adapted to the specific medical indication, the anatomy and the body weight of the patient, possible contraindications and to the shoe situation.
- The postings can be attached to the carbon clip using Velcro – for example, under the pad or on the inner edge of the foot in order to lift the transverse or longitudinal arch. The position and height of the postings are specified according to the indication, the insole and the patient’s sensations.
- To make it easier for the customer to get used to the product, flat, or if necessary, no postings at all can be used when commencing the use of the insole.
- The EVA material of the insole can be easily ground (grinding belt, 60-100 grain size and abrasive flap wheel).
- In the igli Allround, Allround Light and Allround Light C+ models, the carbon clip is not bonded in the area of the metatarsal pad. This allows the pad to be removed or modified as needed.
Tips for handling carbon
- In the insole models (except igli Business Silver), the outer and inner longitudinal arch as well as the inner bearing can be selectively heated with a hot air gun to slightly raise or flatten them. Larger-scale deformation can lead to instability of the carbon structure.
- The carbon can be selectively heated at up to 220° F.
- Deformation that is carried out quickly ensures material stability. It is recommended that the insole be heated no more than two times.
- To protect the carbon or strongly stressed areas of the shoe, such as the insole and the shaft, the insole can be either partially coated on the carbon rims or completely coated with an overlay material such as Clearflex.
- Please do not put the insoles in the washing machine or dryer. Do not expose them to direct heat or dry them on a radiator, since this can deform the material.
- Synthetic upper materials can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Do not use acetone-containing solvents for cleaning.
- The shelf life of igli carbon insoles is two years.
- Store at room temperature and do not expose to direct heat or sunlight.
Small children under 6 years of age should not be left unattended with the insoles. They contain small parts that could be swallowed.
An optimally adjusted igli carbon insole provides an excellent form fit and ensures the desired function. When adjusting igli carbon insoles, the fit of the carbon clip must be checked and the postings must be used to adapt the insole to the foot, the shoe and the desired therapeutic result. The following information will help:
Length of the carbon clip
Make sure that the carbon clip does not cover the head of the first metatarsal bone. To check them easily, you can simply fold over the insoles in the forefoot.
Width of the carbon clip
Make sure that the entire circumference of the carbon clip is at least 2 millimeters narrower than the inner sole of the shoe.
Fitting the postings
Position the postings so that they can not slide outwards and be forced into the side wall of the shoe when placed under a load from above. To do this, the postings can be easily ground if necessary.